Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Early Spring Walk in Portland, Oregon



I went on an early spring wildflower hunt in Portland, and made this video of my photos in May of 2013, adding some of my favorite music at the time. Today, after having survived cancer treatments (hysterectomy, chemo and radiation), I am finally feeling healthy and well. I want to make note of this day, March 15, 2017. I am free of cancer, and I am well!

Yeah, thanks to my medical team, my stellar oncologist, Dr. Wingo, my friends and family, and all of the prayer support that I received and the wonderful healing support from my friend Sheila Cook, who practiced esoteric long distance energy healing on me. Also special thanks to my mother, Harriet Schiffer, and my son, James Schiffer and his wife Luna, for coming to care for me when I needed them, and for all of their financial support, too. I want to thank the community that I live in here in Spring Valley, Arizona, for all the churches who paid my rent these months, and the food banks that so generously helped out with food.

Watching this video and listening to the music was so joyous for me today. 2013 was a very tough year for me when I returned from Malaysia after seven years overseas. My health wasn't too good at that time either. Yet somehow I went for this walk in the woods and made this video, which is a wonderful memento to view for the rest of my life, so it wasn't such a lost year after all.

No comments: