Friday, January 22, 2021

What is the Difference Between the Soul and Spirit?

I'm in a Facebook group of many diverse people, the Arcturians. Today I saw that someone had posed the question, "What is the difference between the soul and spirit? Here is my response.

 I have thought about this, too, and the way I see it both words mean basically the same thing. Soul seems like an older word that mostly Christians use. Spirit seems more inclusive somehow, kind of an expansion of what people meant when they used to say soul. I use both words. 

Basically it's the part of us that you can't see. It's not the physical body; it's the spark of life that imbues it. And the spirit or the soul carries both our past lifetime memories and is also part of the greater soul of collective humanity. How that all works out is part of the greater mystery, the beguiling unknown that those of us on a spiritual path continually explore.

No comments: