Sunday, March 6, 2022

Dismal Analysis of Ukraine War and Impact of Sanctions on Russia

Dismal Analysis of Ukraine War and Impact of Sanctions on Russia


Yesterday Putin declared that this is war, as sanctions and several other actions taken against Russia multiply. I doubt very much, though, that they will have the desired impact of restricting or ending the war in Ukraine.

Instead, I consider Putin is being boxed into a corner with the full weight of sanctions that have been ratcheted up in scope and severity in unprecedented actions. I foresee that this will impel him instead to use hypersonic weapons in an unprecedented military strike against the U.S.

I sure hope that my sense of the situation is off, and that this is not a likely scenario. However, I've been fretting about this, and my grave concern interfered with my night's sleep, as I woke up before 5:00 this morning with all of this preying on my thoughts, even while sleeping. I decided to meditate on peace and love to restore some balance into the chaotic and disturbed energy fields.

While my meditation probably did not impact the world, it did restore my inner balance and sense of harmony. I was sending love and sweet energy to both presidents Putin and Biden. Both men are no doubt feeling the great weight and gravity of their decisions.

What else can be done at this time that might make a difference other than on the inner planes?

The article that I'm sharing here is a calculated and cautionary assessment of the real danger posed by Russia's development of hypersonic weapons. I am excerpting a pertinent analysis that I hope will be taken under consideration by Americans and NATO, as well as the world community that is joining in the sanctions against Russia:

"This is not to say that hypersonics pose no threat. A limited number of hypersonic missiles, if effectively used, could act as a force multiplier for the Russian military. Russia’s hypersonic capabilities might, for example, be used in a breaching role by targeting air and missile defence radars and key command nodes in NATO’s air and missile defence system in order to open the way for strikes by Russia’s larger arsenal of older and slower missiles. Alternatively, hypersonic missiles might be reserved for targets such as aircraft carriers, given their operational and symbolic importance. If properly cued by appropriate sensors, even a limited force of hypersonics could pose a real threat to an even more limited number of key capital ships at sea and operational points of failure like command nodes on land. What we should not expect, however, is for future Russian forces to field large numbers of hypersonic missiles, or for these missiles to be the mainstay of the Russian precision strike threat."

https://www.rusi.org/explore-our-research/publications/commentary/putting-russian-hypersonic-threat-perspective


 

No comments: