Monday, February 13, 2017

Mission Statement for Paradigm Shifts and Politics

I'm starting this blog in order to share the process that I'm going through of shifting paradigms, or, at least, in setting out to shift paradigms. I am a strong believer in the maxim, "The truth shall set you free." Of course, that doesn't work unless you change your outlook and actions when you learn the truth. Still, it sets your mind free from lies, distortions, and misinformation. You gain clarity.

So when something bubbles up for me in my dreams... or my interest gets activated by some event in the world or new ideas, I want to share my thoughts. For me, the paradigm shift to the Aquarian age means an expanded view of reality... that explores new possibilities unfettered by old ideas, that takes in the interests of all humanity, and of the planet itself. It's a shift to a higher level of spirituality, of the sacredness of life, of how our lives are all woven together in a unified field of energy.

I'm also challenging myself to post a daily blog, even if it's only a paragraph or two. I have been posting quite a bit on Facebook, which really isn't the best place for longer posts. I like to post photos as well, and Blogger makes it easy. So I'll let my Facebook friends know when I've posted a blog, and provide a link.

I also intend to interview social change activists.  For some time, I've been wondering what the next stage of my life will bring. My attempt to live in a community at Arcosanti last year was a grand failure; albeit I learned a great deal from the experience. Right on the heels of being fired there, I found out that I had not one, but two kinds of endometrial cancer, and I've now gone through three stages of treating it: surgery, chemo, and radiation.

That first half of September, after I got fired at Arcosanti, my cat went blind, I got stung by a scorpion, and a foot long centipede made its way into m my room.  Tarantulas were crawling all over the place. And my cousin Suzanne's son died of stage four cancer on 9/11... the same week that I found out that I had cancer... and diabetes.

These health challenges have both bamboozled and blessed me. I am still trying to make sense of everything that I've gone through, and coming to terms with it. Perhaps my inner life has gotten stronger; I seem to be more telepathic, but how do you measure that? My friends, family and community prayed for me, supported me emotionally and sent me healing and loving energy.

It seems more important than ever to blossom into the fully actualized person that I've always intended to become, and a big part of that is to express myself as a writer. I hope my dreams, observations, analysis and stories will touch someone who reads them.

Here's a photo of my cat, Clooney, that I took this afternoon.  I'm calling him the Mystic Cat. We often meditate together, and I go into this pure, beautiful energy we share... no words, no images, only a kind of lovely void.

No comments: